The purpose of the masterplan will be to improve industrial investment potential by:
- Enhancing the existing employment space whilst providing for a wider and more diverse range of space for businesses – with a particular focus on increasing employment capacity.
- Improving accessibility and servicing for the businesses that reside there.
- Testing whether the area could be intensified to deliver at least the same amount or greater levels of employment and industrial space, but with potential new homes (where appropriate) and community facilities in specifically identified locations to futureproof Lea Bridge Gateway as a great place to work and live.
The Council values highly the 320 plus businesses, the products and services they provide, the 2,900 jobs they sustain, and their valuable contribution of business rates to support local services.
The masterplan will therefore:
- Put employment and businesses first by protecting existing businesses and encouraging new companies who want to invest.
- Be developed collaboratively with businesses and landowners, including the Argall Business Improvement District.
For more information please contact Britta Stoehr, Project Manager and Mark Adams, Head of Area Regeneration Delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org.”